Once home to the kings of ancient Northumbria, Bamburgh Castle is one of Northumberland's most iconic buildings. The Bamburgh castle we see today is a relatively recent structure, built by famed industrialist the first Lord Armstrong at vast cost in late Victorian times.
Welcome to Bamburgh Holiday Cottages
Our self catering holiday cottages are located in the seaside village of Bamburgh, in the beautiful County of Northumberland. The Haven, sleeps 4 and Sandham, sleeps 6. Our 5 star self catering holiday cottages are within sight of Bamburgh’s breathtaking sandy beach. They are perfectly located for exploring the Farne Islands, Alnwick Castle, Hadrian’s Wall, Lindisfarne and all the delights Northumbria has to offer.
Updated terms and conditions re Covid 19 from January 2021
Book with confidence. Our policy applies to new and existing bookings.
- If Bamburgh Holiday Cottages are unable to honour a booking because of UK Government or local restrictions due to Covid=19, a full refund will be given
- if you cannot legally travel because of restrictions applying to geographic regions of the UK we will issue a full refund.
- If you cannot travel for personal reasons, including a legal requirement to self-isolate, you will be liable for payment of the full rental on cancellation. Please contact us immediately and we will attempt to relet the property, at a discount if necessary. If successful we would normally reimburse the amount received from the rebooking minus the cancellation fee of £35.00.
- At this time we are not offering to roll the booking over into 2023.
- We strongly advise you to take out holiday cancellation insurance.
Sandham (Sleeps 6)
Imagine a stunning Grade II listed cottage that's full of character and located in a tranquil setting with its own private garden in the village of Bamburgh. Located no more than a stone’s throw away from a beautiful beach, Sandham is the perfect location for your relaxing Northumbrian getaway.
The Haven (Sleeps 4)
At The Haven you can escape the mayhem of everyday life, our cosy cottage offers serene views of Bamburgh Castle and the beach. A perfect location for your relaxing Northumbrian getaway. The property is situated in the centre of the idyllic seaside village of Bamburgh, a short walk from its glorious sandy beach.
The Local Area
If you’re looking for the perfect holiday cottage in Bamburgh, you won’t be disappointed with either Sandham or The Haven. Both cottages are beautifully furnished to the highest standard, offering the perfect base to explore one of the most breathtakingly picturesque coastlines in the country.
See what’s happening in the local area…
What people have said about our cottages...
Our 15th visit to The Haven Lisa & Adrian
Another brilliant week. the weather has been kind. Lots of walking and recharging of batteries. thanks Lynn - we'll be back next year
An exceptional and enchanting cottage Sue & Geoff
We've loved introducing our new dog Bongo to all our favourite dog-friendly locations. As usual this lovely holiday home has been impeccably maintained. Thank you so much for another smashing holiday.
Home from home Liz & David
We absolutely love Bamburgh and as always what a fantastic cottage to enjoy it from. Truly 'home from home'. Thank you!